Valve has released an update which will kill all our servers that aren’t on steampipe, in this case that is all the modded servers because of compatibility issues.
The servers will be down for upwards of a few days. I will get to work on them later tonight though.
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
- Added UGC Highlander Season 9 and UGC 6vs6 Season 11 medals
- Fixed the Botkiller Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Spy Knife weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms
- Fixed a bug that allowed level 3 mini-sentries in Mann Vs. Machine mode
- Fixed a problem where underwater explosions would cause graphics corruption
- Fixed an issue with HDR rendering where auto-exposure would vary incorrectly in some areas
- Fixed an issue where objects underwater would not render properly
- Fixed incorrect ellipsizing of text in some cases for the Mac version
- Updated the Phlogistinator to reduce the rate for gaining MMMPH when attacking tanks and robots in Mann Vs. Machine mode
- Updated the Tuxxy tuxedo so it can be crafted
- Updated The Wilson Weave and The Ham Shank so they can be crafted, traded and gift-wrapped
- Updated the console so it can be accessed from the terminal that was used to run the game for the Linux and Mac versions
- Updated the Linux version
- Fixed triggers never registering as “released” on certain game controllers
- Fixed clipboard issues on some window managers, most notably KDE
- Fixed a bug where the map list would be reversed
- Made loading custom fonts for third party HUDs work on certain fonts
Kansas is currently experiencing issues, we have asked our host to look into the issue.
Update: The issue was a DDOS hitting our host, we weren’t involved.
The servers are doing a quick upgrade to the main os. They should be back in just a bit.
Update: Both servers are back online.
Hey, folks. The next time you launch TF2, Steam is going to perform a one-time conversion process to upgrade to SteamPipe, a new content delivery system that improves the way content is downloaded, updated and stored. (If you’ve already upgraded, don’t worry, it’s done.)
The conversion process will only happen once, and then things are gonna get a lot better. But be patient: The conversion probably will take some time. Even on a machine with a fast hard drive, it could take up to 20-30 minutes, during which time it might look like it’s hung. But it’s not. Don’t interrupt it, just please be patient and let it think.
We’re sorry to any of you who are getting subjected to a longer-than-expected conversion time. But ultimately, the benefits will be worth a little inconvenience. You’ll get faster uninterrupted downloads, quicker boot times and map loads, and easier distribution, installation and management of mods. Read the FAQ for more info, and thanks again for your patience.
Today is the conversion day, and I have been too busy to get everything patched. When I get home I will start working on the rest.
(Im not exactly sure when this will occur today)
Please tell me which maps are Great and also which maps should be removed.
Alright everyone, I will be swapping our servers out to the new system. Each server maybe down for upwards of 2 hours.
We will be doing this 1 at a time, so there will be plenty of other GSN servers online.
http://www.gaming-servers.net/update-aug-2013/ for more info.
Fremont is considered down at this point as we are having massive packet loss. We are looking into it, but not time on when it will be up is currently known.